Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Intuit QuickBooks are great cloud-based apps that millions of small-to-midsized businesses (SMBs) use daily. On the sales and marketing side of those SMBs, Dynamics 365 offers a robust Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system that helps companies develop and build strong business relationships. Not only does Dynamics 365 help with customer retention and driving better sales and marketing, but many SMBs also prefer Dynamics CRM because of the seamless integration with their existing investments in the ubiquitous Microsoft Office productivity suite. On the finance side of the business, QuickBooks is used to manage, track, and improve the critical bookkeeping processes that make or break a company.
But as any business owner who owns both Dynamics 365 CRM and QuickBooks knows, the useful information stored in each of these apps are completely siloed. Even though everyone in our finance, sales, and marketing departments could tell Amaxra would gain an advantage by synchronizing our CRM and financial data, it was no simple task. It often felt like that not only were Dynamics 365 and QuickBooks separate but that they were at odds with each other. Some mornings when manually reconciling the data between the two, we'd wonder if QuickBooks had done something to offend Dynamics the night before.
Everyone at Amaxra agreed we needed a programmatic and automated way to synchronize our QuickBooks and Dynamics CRM data. We knew it would be beneficial to our organization because:
- It improves our business processes when the data is synced in both systems
- The synergy streamlines the flow of information between parallel groups
- Synchronized data maintains a high level of data integrity and reduces errors or bad information
A Synchronized Solution
We did a lot of research and testing before settling on the InoLink - QuickBooksIntegration with Dynamics 365 solution. Designed by Inogic, an independent software vendor and Microsoft Gold Certified CRM Partner, the InoLink QuickBooks solution is cloud-based and integrates Microsoft Dynamics 365 with Intuit QuickBooks by synchronizing the data in a bi-directional fashion. This means that with InoLink when we update an account detail in our Dynamics CRM, the data is automatically updated in our QuickBooks as well and vice versa. It supports Dynamics CRM 2013 and later for on-premises, cloud-based, and partner-hosted deployments. On the QuickBooks side, it supports QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online with built-in compliance for tax regulations in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
So far, the InoLink bi-directional synchronization of Dynamics 365 and QuickBooks data has:
- Improved our Business Processes: The automated data exchange between Dynamics 365 and QuickBooks provides Amaxra the ability to really integrate and streamline our business processes—something our consultants know very well. This new level of integration enables a seamless cross-departmental information flow that was difficult to achieve before. The result is a significantly higher operational performance across teams.
- Strengthened our Sales Process Prior to the integration of the two systems with InoLink, our finance department often felt disconnected from what the sales and marketing teams were doing. But the synchronization of details between QuickBooks and Dynamics CRM has changed all that. The finance data synced to Dynamics CRM now enables the Sales Team to work with the latest information. Contracts are signed faster, and everyone is much happier. We found that linking Dynamics and QuickBooks enhances the speed, accuracy, and efficiency of processing financial information by our sales team to improve the overall process. With InoLink we got an overview of recent transactions, pending invoices in CRM by synchronizing the customer aging details, sales transaction and payments from QuickBooks to Dynamics CRM. Also, the user was able to perform sales tax calculation for quotes, orders, invoices in CRM itself.
- Maintained Data Integrity Have you ever heard the axiom of "garbage in/garbage out" when it comes to data? It's the principle of having a computer logically (and unquestioningly) processes whatever data is entered into the database. So, when the input data is flawed—garbage—then the output based on that garbage data will be garbage. Data integrity is critical for a successful business in a world where data is an extremely valuable resource for companies. When data is manually shifted back and forth between Dynamics 365 and QuickBooks by a human being, there is an increased chance the data will become flawed due to human error. But with InoLink, both Dynamics 365 and QuickBooks systems behave as a unified system. For example, we have avoided data duplication and maintained consistency between the two systems by syncing Customers as well as Quotes/Orders and Invoices. With very little human intervention, the InoLink synchronization between databases helps us to maintain data integrity across our CRM and finance systems.
Synchronized Data = Strategic Advantage
We found the data provided just by integrating QuickBooks and Dynamics 365 to be a strategic business enabler. Because InoLink gives us a 360-degree view of customer accounting information directly in our Dynamics 365 CRM (information that was once locked away in QuickBooks), Amaxra can use this data within the context of our business. Contextual information helps us to strategize as well as being truly aware of the status of any account. Our sales team can quickly tell key information about customers including total spend, account status, payment history and more.
If your company uses QuickBooks and Dynamics 365, then we recommend you try InoLink to unlock the full potential of an integrated CRM and bookkeeping system. Amaxra consultants have real-world experience with InoLink integrations and can help your organization get started with this solution.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425 749 7471 for a no-obligation consultation from one of our optimization experts.